Expression of Interest: Electrical EngineerReq ID 94360BR Job category Engineering Location United States - Indiana - Whiting, United States - Ohio - Toledo, United States - South Carolina - Wando, United States - Texas - Texas City, United States - Washington - Blaine Apply now
BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team! We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and able to contribute to the best of their ability.
BP’s Fuels, North America business is looking to expand our talent community in Electrical Engineering. We want to develop meaningful relationships with prospective individuals before a role becomes immediately available and to ensure candidates receive information about BP and their area of interest. If you are interested in connecting with us for potential chemical engineering opportunities, please submit an expression of interest application.
The 4,400 employees of BP’s Fuels, North America business refine, store, move, deliver and market a wide range of distinctive and high-quality energy products that drive economic growth. Our U.S. refineries in Indiana, Ohio and Washington have a net daily processing capacity of 746,000 barrels. We manage more than 3,200 miles of pipeline and, through our interest in BP Midstream Partners LP, have an ownership stake in nearly 1,500 additional miles. We also have a growing network of retail stations that provide fuels and convenience products to consumers at around 7,100 BP- and ARCO-branded sites, and close to 1,000 ampm convenience stores in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada.
An Electrical Engineer utilizes state-of-the-art diagnostics and predictive techniques, and is responsible for the preventative and predictive maintenance programs for electrical equipment at an operating site. The role is involved with daily electrical issues, ensuring the appropriate level of troubleshooting, failure analysis and technical solutions are employed.
We strive to be an operationally excellent organization that has the right resources, people, processes and tools to consistently deliver best-in-class performance. If this sounds good to you, please submit an expression of interest application!
- Acts as electrical safety champion for the operating site.
- Understands requirements and promotes NFPA 70E and electrical safe work practices.
- Reviews electrical regulatory requirements and recommends changes to current practices to meet compliance.
- Develops and maintains model of site power system.
- Develops and completes power system studies including coordination, incident energy and short circuit.
- Understands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures.
- Acts as the Inspection Authority for electrical system, including Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance.
- Provides daily technical support to area teams and process enhancement teams.
- Develops and executes maintenance practices on site volt systems.
- Interface with the Electrical Utility.
- Reviews and provides inputs to all projects, as the focal point for maintenance in the electrical area.
- Initiates/justifies/executes/directs reliability focused electrical projects requiring technical expertise.
- May assist in training electricians and directs critical activities requiring special expertise
- Participates, as required, in the Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- May assist in preparing, reviewing and approving bids
- May act as an account manager for key electrical contractors.
- Analyzes equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to reliability problems.
- Develops and reports assigned performance measures and utilizes information to identify and institute improvements.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 3+ years work experience in electrical or Maintenance Engineering or related experience in a chemical plant, refinery or equivalent work environment.
- Ability to analyze issues and troubleshoot using problem solving skills systematically to determine root cause(s).
- Ability to multitask while performing job tasks, without being distracted.
- Competency in reading technical drawings.
- Knowledgeable of project execution and control.
- Knowledgeable of and ability to conduct an incident investigation to determine defects or to develop a root cause analysis.
- Experience in Predictive Maintenance programs.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
The 4,400 employees of BP’s Fuels, North America business refine, store, move, deliver and market a wide range of distinctive and high-quality energy products that drive economic growth. Our U.S. refineries in Indiana, Ohio and Washington have a net daily processing capacity of 746,000 barrels. We manage more than 3,200 miles of pipeline and, through our interest in BP Midstream Partners LP, have an ownership stake in nearly 1,500 additional miles.
We also have a growing network of retail stations that provide fuels and convenience products to consumers at around 7,100 BP- and ARCO-branded sites, and close to 1,000 ampm convenience stores in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Franchise Business Consultant Oakland, California, San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, 20/01/2019
- Business Development Manager - Commercial San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, 18/01/2019
- Real Estate Portfolio Manager Edison, New Jersey, New York, New York, New York, New York, 18/01/2019