Expression of Interest: Process EngineerReq ID 93587BR Job category Engineering Location United States - Indiana - Whiting, United States - Ohio - Toledo, United States - South Carolina - Wando, United States - Texas - Texas City, United States - Washington - Blaine Apply now
BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team! We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and able to contribute to the best of their ability.
BP’s Fuels, North America business is looking to expand our talent community in Chemical and Process Engineering. We want to develop meaningful relationships with prospective individuals before a role becomes immediately available and to ensure candidates receive information about BP and their area of interest. If you are interested in connecting with us for potential chemical engineering opportunities, please submit an expression of interest application.
The 4,400 employees of BP’s Fuels, North America business refine, store, move, deliver and market a wide range of distinctive and high-quality energy products that drive economic growth. Our U.S. refineries in Indiana, Ohio and Washington have a net daily processing capacity of 746,000 barrels. We manage more than 3,200 miles of pipeline and, through our interest in BP Midstream Partners LP, have an ownership stake in nearly 1,500 additional miles. We also have a growing network of retail stations that provide fuels and convenience products to consumers at around 7,100 BP- and ARCO-branded sites, and close to 1,000 ampm convenience stores in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada.
A Process Engineer role is the technical advisor for an operating area and focuses primarily on providing technical evaluations of process issues to continuously improve safety, reliability and business performance of the refinery operations and chemical plants.
We strive to be an operationally excellent organization that has the right resources, people, processes and tools to consistently deliver best-in-class performance. If this sounds good to you, please submit an expression of interest application!
- Provide process engineering support to the operating unit; provide technical expertise to achieve the safe, reliable and optimal operations of the assigned process through the appropriate application of process engineering, process control and process technology.
- Monitor equipment and process; provide trouble-shooting expertise to teams across the site.
- Ensure the technical input required for proper target setting is available on a daily basis.
- Ensure that equipment performance is being reflected in the optimization targets.
- Provide input and recommendations to assist Operations in prioritizing maintenance to ensure maximum commercial performance.
- Optimize variable costs by leveraging technical knowledge and a proactive approach to energy management.
- Analyze variance between the commercial plan and actual performance and assist the optimization team in closing the variance.
- Evaluate catalyst options and make selection recommendations, monitor performance and schedule optimal replacement.
- Participates in risk assessments, like HazOps and LOPAs, and incident investigations.
- Provide technical support and leadership on product quality issues and identify opportunities.
- Provide technical review of procedures and assist in technical training.
- Conduct regular plant tests and heat & mass balances to maintain accurate models and identify deterioration of the unit capability.
- Support the innovation process in the business unit by identifying and initiating growth and innovation projects.
- Ensure safe operating limits and availability operating envelopes are understood. Investigates and resolves recurring exceedances. Initiate and lead Management of Change (MOCs) and Process Safety Minimum Expectations (PSME) gap analysis.
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering required.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 3+ years work experience in Process Engineering or related experience in a chemical plant, refinery or equivalent process environment.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
The 4,400 employees of BP’s Fuels, North America business refine, store, move, deliver and market a wide range of distinctive and high-quality energy products that drive economic growth. Our U.S. refineries in Indiana, Ohio and Washington have a net daily processing capacity of 746,000 barrels. We manage more than 3,200 miles of pipeline and, through our interest in BP Midstream Partners LP, have an ownership stake in nearly 1,500 additional miles.
We also have a growing network of retail stations that provide fuels and convenience products to consumers at around 7,100 BP- and ARCO-branded sites, and close to 1,000 ampm convenience stores in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Franchise Business Consultant Oakland, California, San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, 20/01/2019
- Business Development Manager - Commercial San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, 18/01/2019
- Real Estate Portfolio Manager Edison, New Jersey, New York, New York, New York, New York, 18/01/2019