Rotating Equipment EngineerUnited States - Indiana - Whiting
Job profile summary:
Responsible for providing Rotating Equipment expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
- Provides Rotating Equipment engineering expertise within defined area of responsibility, which may include project implementation and operations to support the design, construction and/or maintenance of our rotating equipment to maximise operating efficiency.
- Checks completion of tasks involving design philosophy, scope definition, equipment specification, engineering calculations, construction, commissioning and start-up, along with ongoing operations.
- Applies sound knowledge and skills to solve assigned engineering problems and projects, working with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors, including relevant operations and maintenance personnel in the field as required, to identify safe and competitive solutions to problems.
- Develops and applies designated technical practices for controlling the quality/health/safety/environmental/commercial outcomes of new projects and existing process improvement initiatives.
- Acts as coordinator or reviewer for Rotating Equipment engineering related Management of Change (MoC), managing action closure and ensuring appropriate technical practices and relevant industry codes are adhered to when modifications are being made.
- Supports efforts to ensure Rotating Equipment engineering risks are understood, controlled and continuously reduced to deliver safe operating results, networking internally and sharing applied information and learnings.
- Follows BP's Engineering Principles, complies with BP's Code of Conduct, and models BP's Values & Behaviours.\\r\\n\\r\\n
Life Cycle Management for assigned rotating equipment including:
- Mechanical Integrity, including pressure boundary assurance, on assigned rotating equipment
- Ensure rotating equipment reliability strategy and related programs and processes are consistently applied for assigned equipment.
- Improve run time of assigned rotating equipment by effective use of reliability tools, such as, FMEA, FA, RCFA, Predictive and Proactive maintenance, QA/QC, and Cold-Eye reviews.
- Development and update of inspection/overhaul plans for assigned rotating equipment.
- Development and update of equipment repair/overhaul work-list for assigned rotating equipment.
- Front End Loading on projects for assigned rotating equipment following the CVP process.
- Development and update of detailed work scope for repairs and overhaul projects on assigned rotating equipment.
- Engineering support for the review of rotating equipment startup, operating and shutdown procedures.
- Ensure that all changes made to assigned rotating equipment are managed and documented per the Whiting BU MOC process.
- Engineering support for the discovery phase of overhaul projects, including development, approval and funding of the final work scope and the design of required repairs and upgrades.
- Engineering support for equipment re-commissioning including performance testing to ascertain the success of the repair project.
- Engineering support for on-stream monitoring, trouble-shooting and unscheduled shutdown decision-making.
- Provide technical input for rotating equipment related projects.
- Provide input to rotating equipment operating envelopes.
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and ensure plans are in place to address gaps.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.