Marketing DirectorReq ID 93813BR Job category Marketing Countries (State/Region) Hubei Location China - Hubei - Wuhan Apply now
The Marketing Director of the Castrol Dongfeng JV is a people leadership, talent management and general marketing management role.
• Castrol Dongfeng JV with the new investment and new eFM will be critical for Castrol’s growth of Commercial Vehicles lubes business in China. As one of the Castrol secondees appointed to the JV and as a member of the JV leadership team, this role reports to the JV GM and is expected to support the GM and the JV LT to contribute to business growth and expansion as stated in the Project Frontier eFM.
• A key role and a key connection to Castrol and Castrol Marketing community via dotted reporting line to the Castrol’s regional marketing head of the Greater China, to maintain the integrity of Marketing such as brand management, product development and marketing plan deployment of JV brand + licenced BP Commercial vehicle range, in line with the guidelines and process.
• A role that manage and build the JV marketing team with diverse background and different company culture, to effectively developing in country JV marketing plan to support growth of the JV business.
This role sits in our Castrol business, a part of the BP Group. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer.
• Lead development of the JV marketing strategy on JV brand, BP CV brands based on macro and micro environment, market intelligent and proactive engagement from key stakeholders both in JV and Castrol lubes organisation. Able to provide visible leadership in defining clear participation, competitive and organisation strategies, aligned with the JV GM and JV leadership team, as well as the Regional Marketing Director of Castrol lubes Greater China and Castrol China LT. Able to influence and shape strategy despite obstacles.
• To lead development of transition and implementation plan, including BP CV brands and product portfolio, packaging, pricing, RTM choices, communication and offer to ensure the success of BP Commercial Vehicles transfer and brand licensing. Required to work closely with the Marketing team in Castrol Lubricants business within the defined brand and product guidelines and guardrails.
• Support Project Frontier Delivery Lead in developing BP Brand Licensing Agreement re the negotiation with DongFeng counterparties, with aligned inputs with relevant BP/ Castrol and JV stakeholders.
• Support Project Execute FM, providing marketing related inputs, e.g. ASP planning, marketing intelligence analysis,
• Lead to develop 24-month integrated marketing plan on rolling basis for Castrol Dong Feng JV on Commercial Vehicle supporting DF JV business plan.
• Lead JV marketing team and align with JV & BP stakeholders so to identify clear KPI and tracking for the rolling 24-month marketing plan, to support growth of both JV and BP CV brands.
• Ensure and provide visible leadership to the JV marketing team implement in excellence within budget, strategy and compliance.
5. Key challenges faced on the role
• Reporting to GM of Castrol Dongfeng JV (a BP secondee) Project Delivery Lead of Project Frontier in terms of Project Milestones yet dotted line to the Marketing functional head in China to align on all marketing offer including product portfolio and positioning, marketing plan and transition of business, need to strike the balance to meet expectations of both parties.
• Support JV GM and Leadership team, work closely with JV partners and JV cross functional teams, to develop and tailor detailed Commercial Vehicles marketing plan & strategy within brand boundaries set by Marketing in Castrol Lubricants (with dotted line to Regional Marketing Director of Castrol Lubes Greater China). Meanwhile, plan is required to support “BP” brand and JV brand to deliver growth.
• Engage JV partner on sales and marketing activities to comply with BP’s request on compliance and marketing standards.
• Identify risks and ways to mitigate; identify opportunities and ways to exploit. Maximize JV interest while keep the integrity of BP CV brand management and related marketing guidelines.
• University degree, with major of marketing or business preferred
Essential experience and job requirements
• Minimum 10 years working in B2B2C and/ or B2B business environment and relevant professional experience in marketing. Experience in general marketing management and/ or strategic marketing roles is an advantage.
• Previous experience in lubes and commercial vehicles will be an advantage
• Experience of working with Chinese JV preferred
• Adequate knowledge on product and application of commercial vehicle lubricant category
• Strong strategic thinking, analysing and planning
• Strong influencing skills, able to communicate to all levels and be vigilant for cultural difference.
• Experience in collaborating and influencing sales and matrix organizations
• Self-motivated, high level of enthusiasm and drive
• Proficient in English and Mandarin
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 75%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP has been operating in China since the early 1970s and is one of the leading foreign investors in the oil & gas sector in China. Our business activities here include exploration and development, petrochemicals manufacturing and marketing, aviation fuel supply, oil products retailing, lubricants, oil and gas supply and trading, LNG terminal and trunk line and the chemicals technology licensing.
Building on its business successes in China, BP has also expanded partnerships with the national energy companies beyond the country’s borders. BP is working with CNPC in Iraq and Australia, Sinopec in Angola and Singapore, CNOOC in Australia, Indonesia and Argentina, and with China National Aviation Fuel in Singapore.
BP publishes BP Statistical Review of World Energy and BP Energy Outlook on annual basis. The publications are regarded as one of the world’s most reliable sources of energy data and are widely consulted.
In parallel, BP has been working to contribute to China society by helping address the local sustainability issues. BP has also been actively engaged in energy research activities, particularly in clean energy R&D initiatives. To date, BP’s accumulative spending on community contributions in China has exceeded US$ 50 million. BP’s community practices have been widely recognized.
BP is committed to contributing to China’s energy solutions by continuing to be a trusted energy partner and valuable contributor supporting China’s strategic development.
Register for job alerts
Upload your CV, receive job alerts and be seen by our recruiters. Returning candidates can also login here.Register or Login
- Chief Engineer Wuhan, Hubei 24/12/2018